Perfect Coffee Pairing for Breakfast Vanilla Pecan Biscotti
If you start your morning with coffee raise your hand. Or better yet keep both hands on that cup and sip along to this delicious vanilla pecan biscotti. Some of you may already have kids that have gone back to school, Korey is heading back in 2 weeks which means I can’t mess around in the morning.
I have chronic fatigue syndrome and I go many days feeling completely exhausted as soon as I get out of bed. The morning is really not easy for me but I know I have to push through it being a mom. If it was just up to taking care of myself I would be ordering out, watching Netflix and sleeping as much as I could.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 4 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs and vanilla. Add flour, sugar, and baking powder. Stir in pecans. The dough will be sticky.
- Use flower dusted hands to shape the dough into a log shape onto parchment paper. The size is about 8" x 10" but you can certainly make two logs.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Remove from oven and let set for 10. Place the biscotti onto a cutting board. Use a bread knife cut the biscotti on a diagonal, about ½ wide. Cut long pieces in half.
- Set biscotti pieces on their side and continue to bake for another 20 minutes on one side. Flip and bake another 10-15 on the other. Cool.
- Makes about 20-25 biscotti
We all know that breakfast really is the most important meal of the day so if you’re already having that coffee to get you through the day don’t forget some food too.
My best friend and I are coffee buddies, trying to hook up to have coffee at least once a week and I think I should gift her with some of these on my next trip.
Be honest. Do you eat breakfast everyday?