Halloween is coming up, only 10 days away and I have been busying making a ton of desserts. Keith has been getting ready for the Haunted Trail In Holley, they completed both weekends and had a blast from everything that I have heard. While I am pregnant I am trying not eat too many sweets but baking them for my family isn’t off limits! A little moist devils food cake mix makes these cupcakes to die for.
More Halloween Food
- package of Devil's Food cake mix
- Oreo dessert topping, can be found near cake mixes and toppings in a squeezable bag
- Wilton skeleton cupcake decorating kit, found at local Walmarts
- Make package of Devil's Food cake mix according to cupcake directions
- Let cool and add Oreo topping
- For decorating purposes add bones from cupcake decorating kit and insert flag
- serving sizes change depending on size that you make cupcakes, these are great for mini cupcakes as well!
If you are having a Halloween themed party I think these are perfect to make as mini cupcakes and use the decorating kit to highlight them. If you want the frosting to look like mine you will need to use a frosting decorating kit. I picked a simple one up at Walmart for less than $10 with over 5 tips and I am starting to practice as much as I can to get technique down.
If I can make some appealing and appetizing cupcakes, trust me you can too! These were a big hit with the household and they were very moist and cake-like. They kept for about 5 days before the richness was too much, I wish I could have shared with others but I made them a bit too soon before we were seeing anyone.We still have a bit of Halloween shopping to do, Korey needs a costume. He has been handing us the Spirit Halloween catalog and saying that he wants to be Spongebob for Halloween but that costume comes with shorts so if we do use it we will have to improvise to make sure he stays warm.
Are you taking your kids trick-or-treating? Costumes picked out yet? Or are you handing out candy at home?
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email. Free fitness tracker to help stick to your healthy routine.