Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Construction Craft
There is a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie coming, and the television show is quite popular with my son and his father. Since Keith grew up in the 80s and 90s, he can fondly recall his love for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and decided to make a craft with Korey. He made a great project for 2-3 year old children, however this base for the craft can be expanded to any creativity at any age. Really great if you have scrap papers lying around looking for a project to use them on.
Supplies for TMNT paper craft:
- 2 sheets of green construction paper
- 2 sheets of green foam paper (depending on the size of your turtle)
- 1 sheet each of: orange, blue, purple and red foam paper for the turtles masks.
- 1 sheet of black construction paper and 1 sheet of white construction paper.
1. Trace a turtle head on green construction paper. Keith used a cup to trace the turtle head, you want the lower part of the head slightly bigger than the top portion.
2. Cut oval shapes out of green foam paper.
3. Cut colored mask the width of the top head at the widest part out of the various colored pages.
4. Using left over pieces or if needed cut small square and then shape into ends for mask and glue.
5. Cut out mouth from black construction paper glue onto turtle head. Glue nose onto mouth leaving an inch of the mouth showing.
6. Cut out pupils.
7. Cut out eyes. Glue onto mask and glue pupils on.
8. Repeat with other colors!
Super easy, even I could do it with Korey and not have a problem! Korey is doing a lot of work with glue and cutting, getting down his fine motor skills. We also found it easy to cut multiples of everything and store them for easy craft making again just by pulling out the pieces. Hope you and your kids enjoy this Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle craft for kids!
FREE 3 healthy fruits for weightloss
Subscribe for healthy food updates and get this 6 page e-book on healthy fruits to eat for free!