Oh sweet delicious muffins of heavenly goodness. I am a muffin addict. I love muffins, especially with fresh fruit, Korey loves them too he just doesn’t realize the sweet deliciousness is coming from fruit so I keep my mouth shut about that. Thankfully it’s an easy way to get fruit in him!
Anyone else have hectic mornings where you forget to eat anything for hours? That would be me everyday, I know it seems impossible to forget to eat something but taking care of a toddler and infant from the moment I wake, some things just tend to slip by. Having a sweet muffin with fruit in it that I can just grab and go when needed is a must.
- ½ c butter
- 1¼ c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 c flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ c milk
- ½ pt. blueberries
- ½ pt. stawberries
- Cream butter and sugar until light
- Add 2 eggs, one at a time beating after each addition
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder together and add to the creamed mixture, alternately with milk
- Crush ¼ c. blueberries and strawberries with a folk and mix in the batter
- Fold in the rest of the blueberries and strawberries
- Grease 12 muffin tins or 24 mini muffin tins and fill ¾ way
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Cool for 20 minutes before removing.
With the holidays coming up I always have family stopping by in the morning, usually my father. I know he’s not the best at eating a good breakfast so I like to try and sneak him a few of these muffins to get him energy friendly food in. Making a big basket of these and leaving them out on the table is a great way to offer a healthy snack to anyone who drops by.
What is your usual quick breakfast for the holidays?