For two weeks Korey’s classroom is focusing on the story of the Gingerbread Man. They sent home a cutout of a Gingerbread Man for us to decorate as a family, of course Keith thought of quite a few ideas to use with this. Debating from using hair to a scarf, googley eyes or candy, this was really a fun project for all of us to work on. If you would like to make one of these you can use the cutout I provided, you need to use special scissors with teeth to make the design on the outside.
- 2 gum drops
- cutout Gingerbread Man
- white yarn
- white paper grass
- brown M&M
- christmas sprinkles or glitter
- black construction paper
- red and green pom poms
Instructions in red mean your child can help you
1. Take paper grass and glue onto top of Gingerbread Man for hair.
2. Cut 10 piece of yarn appromiately 6-10 inches depending on the size of your Gingerbread Man. Tie both ends of the scraf and wrap about the Gingerbread Man.
3. Place two dots of glue where eyes should go and put gum drops, allow to dry.
4.Place glue dots for buttons down tummy and place pom poms. Cut boots out of black paper and glue onto feet.
5. Place glue smile on face and shake sprinkles over.
6. Allow everything to dry