Outback Steakhouse steamed green beans are the perfect vegetable side dish to our Alice Springs copy cat recipe. Honestly I think they can go with any meal as a surprise in your mouth snappy green bean dish.
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp brown sugar (packed)
- ½ stick butter
- ½ tsp. soy sauce
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- Steam green beans making sure they are still firm, no floppy green beans!
- In a small pan melt all other ingredients over medium-low until smooth consistency and brown sugar is completely dissolved.
- After green beans are done place in bowl and pour sauce over them. Shake until well coated. Serve.
I steamed these in the microwave and they took only about 2 1/2 minutes. I have a 900 watt that is so much slower than most other microwaves, if yours is anything higher than 900 watts I would just steam it for 2 minutes. You only need a little bit of water when steaming, don’t make the mistake I did when I first started steaming things and had them pretty much floating in water. Yeah I’m not really a Martha Stewart, I’m like the cousin Fran that is trying to learn.
I never took advantage of my Grandmother cooking for the whole family and learning from her. If you have a Grandma that cooks I envy you and beg you to take the time in the kitchen with her and just watch her at her craft. Grandmas cook like no other and even if they don’t have the knowledge of Outback Steakhouse Green Beans, I’m sure that their green beans are just as good!
- PowerPro 10-Cup Wide-Mouth Food Processor Color: Black
- Price: $56.96
- Profile 150 Grill Food Tray
- Price: $78.99
FREE 3 healthy fruits for weightloss
Subscribe for healthy food updates and get this 6 page e-book on healthy fruits to eat for free!