Most Delicious Meringue Cookies Recipe
Please a crowd with this delicious meringue cookies recipe. My mother’s favorite dessert is lemon meringue pie, however I prefer the taste of this cookie.
These little cookies are perfect to pack up and hand out to the neighbors as thank yous. My one neighbor always mows our lawn so while we give him some cash, I like to also give something that has some thought put into it like these cookies.
- 4 egg whites
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ tsp of cream of tartar
- In an electric mixer, whip the egg whites until they become frothy (medium speed). Then add the sugar, in small amounts. Keep whipping. Then add the cream of tartar.
- Continue to whip until it gets stiff and shiny - you'll notice when the egg whites hold shape when you stop the mixer.
- Ad this point, I added 2 Tbsp of the sprinkles, and carefully folded it in the egg whites with a spatula. Don't mix. Just gently fold in the sprinkles. You'll notice that the sprinkles start melting and "staining" the egg whites.
- Prepare the baking sheet with foil and non-stick spray. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. I made my Meringues smaller than usual. If you make them larger, then preheat to 225.
- Scoop the egg white into a pastry bag fitted with a star tip - or any other you wish. Pipe about ½ inch wide cookies and leave 1.5-inch space between each one. Add more sprinkles on the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes, then turn off heat and leave the meringues in the oven to cool down for about 30 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container away from heat. I keep mine in the fridge.
What’s your favorite way to have meringue?