A long time ago I wrote about my morning routine with my 5 month old at the time. Now that little one is 3 years old and his brother is 9 months old, and I realize that I am getting so much older with every breath they take. Where is my rocking chair?
No longer the first time mom, and I cannot believe that I once slept until 10am. What horrible world am I living in now? Well here is my morning school time routine with the kids.
- Turn the TV on around 6 or 630 am until the kids are whining and crying to go out into the living room.
- Check the time, if it’s before 7 am everyone can kiss my behind and I put the baby in the high chair and tell Korey to play with toys while I nap until 7.
- 7:15ish I ask Korey wants he wants for breakfast, if it’s something he hasn’t eaten the day before I make it. Or I just throw together whatever I can before 7:30 which is the latest I let him eat.
- While Korey is stuffing his face I throw some puffs at his brother if it’s late or if I was able to give him food on time then I make cereal for Kyler and feed him then give him a bottle.
- Coffee is a must before 8 am if I am to not be known as a grumpy troll mom.
- 8:00-8:10 I make sure Korey is dressed and has his shoes on. At this point I just wait until 8:15 to throw his hoodie and backpack on him while he waits for the bus with Dadddy.
- 8:30 Korey is official gone. As long as I had some decent sleep the night before then I stay up and talk with Keith until the baby cries and we tend to him and off to work on the computer I go. OR if I had a horrible night of sleep then I storm off into the bedroom to be awoken to Kyler wanting a nap or Korey coming home from school at 11:30.
What’s your morning like?