This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MinionsMovieNight #CollectiveBias
Minions Delicious Stuffed Crust and Dip Recipe
Can you believe that the movie we have been waiting all year to come out was just released on Blu-Ray/DVD December 8th! Minions © 2015 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. While we don’t get to do movie theaters a lot because of Korey’s busy schedule, we always try to get in a movie night when new releases come out. Making the minions’ favorite Stuffed Crust and dip was the perfect solution for our movie night.
We Love Those Little Yellow Guys!
Ever since the first movie Despicable Me was introduced by Illumination Entertainment, my family has been yellow from head to toe. We have pajamas, pants, shirts, socks, hats, you name it we have it. If you can’t contain your excitement for the Minions release you can buy it online and get the Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack from a variety of retailers.
When Korey was asked what minion he wanted in the shape of his stuffed crust, he said “Stuart, no Bob, no Kevin!”. Dad thought it was a good idea that we covered them all so we made 3 different stuffed crusts, and 3 different dips to kick off our Minions movie night.
- 2½ c. flour
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 package dry active yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 package pepperoni
- 16 oz mozzarella chunk
- 8 oz Munster cheese
- 8 oz gouda
- 6 slices bacon
- 5 oz chicken cut
- Mariana Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounces) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- ½ green pepper chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Cheese Dip:
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 16 oz cheddar cheese cubed
- 2 tbsp bacon crumbled
- 1 c. milk
- Buffalo Dip:
- ½ c. buffalo hot sauce
- ½ c. blue cheese dressing
- ½ c. and ¼ c. crumbled blue cheese
- 2 c. cooked and shredded chicken
- 8 oz of cream cheese room temp
- Marinara Sauce:
- On the stove add garlic, pepper, onion, carrot, and olive oil and saute until vegetables are softened
- Stir in remaining ingredients and boil then simmer for 40 minutes
- Cheese Dip:
- Melt butter, garlic and add salt and pepper
- Stir milk on medium and add cheddar while stirring
- Turn to medium low to low and add bacon cook for 1 hour until cheese is melted
- Preheat oven to 350
- Make Buffalo Dip, combine all ingredients except ¼ c. blue cheese crumbled in a baking dish
- Bake for 20 minutes and stir and add additional blue cheese crumbles.
- Let cool.
- Stuffed Crust
- Preheat oven to 400
- In a bowl combine water and yeast let sit for no more than 12 minutes
- Add the rest of the ingredients and let rise for 8 minutes.
- Roll out dough to 8x12
- Cut into 4 sections horizontally
- Roll the section thinner and cut into 3 sections vertically, depending on how tall or short you cut it you can match one of the minions
- Fill with one of these combinations: 2 slices pepperoni and 1 cube mozzarella, 2 cubes gouda and 1 slice bacon, 2 cubes Munster and 2 tbsp chicken)
- Tuck in top and bottom and then sides
- Place on baking sheet and cook for 10-15 minutes
Offering 3 dips was a great choice, each one being different just like the minions made it fun to see the food personalities of my kids.
If your kids are older they can help out with rolling up the stuffed crust. You can talk about what you think the minions might get up to in the new movie. Have you seen the trailers? Ask them which part is their favorite so far.
Minions movie night means that the kids can get a little mischievous, and these stuffed crusts fit in their hands perfectly. That way nothing can stop them from putting on their goggles and dressing down in their best minions outfit!
This minions party was the best party ever, according to Korey! That made me feel awesome, it’s the little things like spending time with family but making it more special by turning movie night into a little party with stuffed crust.
Take out the toys, the snacks, the clothes, everything minions related you have and the kids will be super happy.
Now that you’ve seen how I throw a party for the Minions release I want to know what recipe you would make. Tell me in the comments below.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email. Free fitness tracker to help stick to your healthy routine.