Hearty One Pot Slow Braised Short Rib Dinner
Spring weather is finally upon us but that can mean for some chilly windy days. This busy mom is all about a one pot dinner that features slow braised short ribs and nice hearty vegetables.
Winter weather has lasted for months in Western New York. I was just finally able to take Kyler out for a walk this weekend, I love getting him out and hearing him babble.
When I shared this recipe on Instagram a lot of people had never seen purple carrots before, have you? Sometimes adding some color to a dish can really make the kids more interested in eating.
These big hearty dishes always remind me of when my grandmother invited everyone over and would cook us dinner. She could turn the house into a diffuser filled with the most delicious food smells you would be begging for dinner to be ready right away.
- 1.5 pounds stew meat
- 2-6 garlic cloves
- a handful of carrots
- few mixed Yukon gold and sweet potatoes
- 2-4 radishes
- 4 cups beef broth
- dash of olive oil
- optional 1 cup dry red wine
- sea salt and pepper
- Start by thoroughly washing all of the vegetables before peeling and cutting. Chop the potatoes and carrots into uniform chunks. Thin slice the radishes so they will evenly break down while cooking.
- Heat a pan to medium and add in the olive oil, salt and pepper. When it is hot, add the meat and sear each side, then transfer to your Dutch oven.
- Add the liquid to the pot and place in the vegetables.
- Turn on low and cook for 2-3 hours or until the meat is fall apart tender and the vegetables are cooked through. The final cook time will depend on the size of the meat pieces and the temperature that your burners cook at. Even at our lowest setting, ours still runs quite hot so we were sure to stir it a few times and were prepared to add more liquid if it had been needed.
What is your go-to warm up dish?
If you want to catch more recipes before they come out to the blog follow me on Instagram
FREE 3 healthy fruits for weightloss
Subscribe for healthy food updates and get this 6 page e-book on healthy fruits to eat for free!