Healthy Fast Snack Caprese Sandwich
This fast and easy Caprese Sandwich is the perfect way to satisfy your cravings while keeping yourself eating healthier. A classic usually seen presented as a salad, as a child I was known as ‘bread gut’ for how much I loved to eat bread at dinner or lunch.
Being a busy mom it’s hard to find the time to whip up elegant dishes all the time. When hunger hits, I need to be able to get on it quickly. As I always tend to the first instead of me, typical mom thing.
It also helps that I’m a big cheese fan. I could sit down and devour an entire block of mozzarella, but that’s not good at all. This is a great way to cut back on the cheese and to change things up from a regular caprese salad.
- Pesto sauce
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Large Tomatoes
- Olive Oil
- Basil leave
- Good quality bread (sourdough, sprouted grain...)
- You can slightly toast the bread or put it on the grill for a couple of mins.
- Slice the cheese and tomatoes, and season each one with some salt and pepper.
- Spread pesto on bread
- Layer the bread with the cheese then the tomatoes.
- Thinly slice the basil leaves and sprinkle on top.
- Last, but not least, drizzle some of your best evoo over each bread.
You can easily make these for appetizers for a get-together or even having people over to watch the big game. It’s a nice way to keep people eating healthy without them even giving it a thought.
What’s your go-to snack to keep you satisfied?