When I think about food, 95% of the time it will be Greek food, especially Greek salad. I’m not sure if it’s the taste of the dressing, or the delicious feta cheese. Perhaps the juicy kalmata olives are to blame. Whatever it is I am obsessed with Greek salad. I will try it from any place, any time, gimmie.
It can be an art to make a Greek salad. It possibly could feel like forever to me because I never thought until now to make a big bottle of dressing ahead of time. I will test that out and let you know how that works. This variation of Greek salad is evolved from the Greek stuffed tomatoes, I used the same ingredients but just added it to a salad. I like recipes that you can do that with so anything that would be left over can be used up quickly and efficiently.
- 4 tbsp. plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ c. extra virgin olive oil
- 2/4 tsp. salt
- 2/4 tsp. pepper
- 2/4 tsp. oregano
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2/4 lemon juice
- ½ cucumber diced
- 2-3 tbsp Feta depending on preference
- 6 Kalmata olive sliced and diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes sliced
- Salad of your choice (I love spring mix, romaine, anything with flavor in the leaves)
- Combine first 7 ingredients together to make dressing
- Add olives, feta,tomatoes, and cucumber atop salad, pour over dressing and enjoy!
Perfect for any season I believe, a great recipe to break out and celebrate a little Greek inside you. You can also add as many veggie toppings as you want, they are a lot better to replace unhealthy croutons which I have been trying really hard to kick out of my salad. Let me know if you try this!