I’m part of the #StreamTeam and receive a subscription to Netflix
Give Your Kid #5MoreMinutes with Netflix
If you told me a year ago that I could give my kid 5 more minutes before bedtime and he would be sleeping, I would call you a liar. Actually, I probably would have laughed in your face. Korey has always been difficult to get to sleep because of his SPD.
The top 5 excuses to stay up
- I’m thristy. Honestly, when he was in diapers we didn’t give this much of a thought. Now that he’s potty trained he knows that he has to get all those drinks in BEFORE he hits the bed. No going back mister.
- I need to sing. Yup, you read that correctly. Korey used to belt out all the bed time songs you could think of before finally giving in and going to bed. We had about 5 songs in rotation and I wasn’t allowed to skip one word. When we started that tradition I learned that I had no idea what came after rock-a-bye baby, I was a complete blank.
- I need to play. Wait what? Bringing out the toys and playing at 9pm is not going to happen. Cross that one off your list little one.
- I’m not tired. Yeah and I get the proper amount of fruits and vegetables in a day.
- I need to watch something. Up until this month, I would have said no. The smallest timer that we have is 30 minutes and that’s just too long after I put the kids to bed. Thanks to Netflix, Korey now gets 5 more minutes.
5 minutes shorts
Dinotrux 5 Minute Favorites just arrived to Netflix. It’s the perfect way to give your kid some more Netflix time but keeping it within a time allowance that is acceptable. Finally parents win, even if the kids think that they are getting the upper hand.
How does your child try to stretch out bedtime?