Free Valentine’s Day Date Night Ideas
A Valentine’s day date night can be stressful for both guys and gals. It’s difficult to know exactly what your partner wants to do and asking can take the romance out of the date entirely! In an effort to ease some of the Valentine’s Day strain you can use this guide to find some date night ideas that are fun, romantic, and best of all: Free!
If you’ve stumbled upon this information in enough time this is a great idea to work on throughout the year! A compliment jar is a great way to show your loved one that you care about them and that you notice the little things! Using any kind of container you can create a loving and even romantic surprise for your date this Valentine’s day. Simply take some paper, cut into strips, add some romantic messages and you’re all set! Think of including all the things you love about your valentine. Big or small the best part about Valentine’s Day gifts is being reminded of how much someone loves you.
Eating out can be expensive and that can add unnecessary stress to your Valentine’s Day date night! Consider saving one or two of those Christmas gift cards to use taking your sweetheart out for a nice dinner! If you don’t have any left fear not! A surprise meal at home can be just as romantic as a night out on the town. Consider making your loved ones favorite meal as a surprise. Having everything ready ahead of time is a great way to add some romance to your evening!
What to do with the kids!
Grandparents were once star crossed lovers just like you. They will likely be more than willing to babysit if you have kids and want to plan a special date night. If that’s not an option consider including your kids in your date night. You can avoid the expense of the babysitter by incorporating your kids into your Valentine’s Day date night. Have them help you make a special gift or put together a bunch of surprise decorations. They are as much a part of your love story as your partner and once they’re tucked in for an early bedtime/movie night you will have some peace and quite to spend with your significant other.
Romantic Movie Night
If you have cable, Netflix, or a DVD collection of any size you are likely going to have access to a bunch of great movies. Set the mood by cleaning up and organizing your bedroom or living room. You might even consider moving some of the furniture around so that you can snuggle up in front of the TV for some movies or a binge session of your favorite shows! You don’t have to run out and buy the newest releases in order to have a special night with your valentine. There are tons of free movies available to rent from your local library, Amazon, or you can do a trial run of Netflix or Hulu if you don’t already subscribe!
Cheesy Themed Dinner Party
This is a great idea if you and your partner ever talk about taking a big trip or if you both love the same interesting culture or foods. Spend a little time setting the mood and decorating to suit your dinner plans. This can be a serious or ridiculous as you want it to be; sometimes I’d good laugh is just as great as a serious romantic vibe! For some great recipes to suit any place or culture ask Google or Pinterest! Tons of great free recipe ideas are out there just waiting to be part of your Valentine’s Day date night! You can also use Pinterest to find some matching printables to help you decorate!
Here is a list of simple ideas that can be great for free date nights anytime, including Valentine’s Day!
- Game night: winner gets to choose the next game or activity of the night!
- Dinner & a Movie: This can be as serious or a cheesy as you like! Maybe one of you always cooks, switch it up! You can make an easy home theater by rearranging the living room furniture for the night!
- Take a Walk: Bundle up (or don’t depending on your location) and head out for a walk. It can be nice to disconnect (leave the phones at home) and just chat with each other about your day. Tell your favorite stories from when you first met!
- We’re Going Off the Grid: it sounds ridiculous in those cheesy commercials but it can be really romantic and beneficial for any relationship to shut off the cell phones, leave the computers at work, and just spend some time together talking or laughing!
- Book Club: If you both enjoy reading this can be a great date night idea to learn more about each other’s interests! Take turns choosing a book and set aside a night to discuss. You can even do a themed dinner to go along with your chosen book!