DIY Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Party Crayons
One of the biggest hits at Korey’s birthday party was the gift bag that we gave away. It was so fun to gather everything together and then show Korey the crayons we made. This style is a bit different than what we used in our party favors but it will still be a hit with the kids!
These also make great gifts all year round for kids who love the teenage mutant ninja turtles!
Orange, purple, blue, green crayons
Muffin or donut tin
Non stick cooking spray
The amount of crayons you need will depend on the number of crayons you are creating. For the donut shaped crayons you see here, we used about 2 standard sized crayons per donut.
1. Begin by breaking each crayon in half. This will make peeling the paper off easier.
2. Remove the paper wrapping from the crayons. Make sure they are completely cleaned off and free from all wrapping and wrapping residue.
3. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Spray the inside of your donut or muffin pan with non stick cooking spray.
4. While the oven preheats, begin breaking your crayons up into smaller segments. You should be able to get about 4-5 segments per crayon stick.
5. Drop the segments into the donut or muffin tin. You want to create one layer with the crayon bits. For thicker crayons, add an additional layer.
6. Heat in the oven at 300 degrees for 10 minutes or until liquefied. Carefully remove and allow to cool.
7. Place the pan in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to help loosen them from the tin. Gently turn the tin over to release the crayons.
Wipe away any non stick oil residue with a damp cloth. Your crayons are now ready to be enjoyed!