DIY Halloween Home Decor Trick or Treat Stump Craft
Are you looking to make your own Halloween craft? I love handmade holiday items, it just feels more personal when you display it at home. Just like this fantastic Trick or Treat stump. The best part is that this is cheap and easy to make as well!
We’re currently trying to teach Kyler to say Trick or Treat, it’s adorable when he tries. He loves reading all the Halloween signs around the house, he’s impressing us at 21 months old. If you make this feel free to tag me on social media!
Flat tree stump (hobby lobby)
Black craft paint
Orange craft paint
Foam paint brush
Small Paint brush
Optional: Krylon make it last, craft sealer
1. Lay your wooden stump flat
2. Squirt out some orange and blank paint on a piece of scrap paper or paper plate to use as your pallet
3. Start painting the light wooden part of your stump orange, use a small paint brush around the edges to ensure a clean line
4. Let your stump dry. (About an hour)
5. Now you can start painting on your bone shaped letters
6. I started by painting “or” in the middle so I know where my center is
7. Then I went on to paint “trick”, the letters are quite easy, you just need to add two small circles at the end of each line to make them look like bones
8. Last I painted the word “treat” under the word “or”, using the same painting technique as I did in step #7
9. Let your sign dry (for about an hour)
10. If your not sure if your going to have nice weather on Halloween, use a Krylon seal coat called ‘Krylon make it last craft sealer’ it comes in a easy to use spray paint can that you can spray over your entire project for weatherproofing
11. Display your sign out on the porch so all the little firefighters and princesses know where to stop!
Have you made any handmade Halloween decor items?