Do you love peanut butter cookies? How about the idea conversation hearts? I joined the two and created these delicious peanut butter cookies, which could be a great date idea!
Valentine’s Day is more about the kids to me, getting them a little toy, some candy and a note to tell them just how much I love them even though they already know. This year Korey was going to have his first ever Valentine’s Day party at school but sadly the weather has made it so AM classes are cancelled breaking his heart. Hard to explain to a 3 year old that it’s the weather not anything that he did, but hopefully they will still have a party on Monday.
These cookies were a treat for Keith, one of my presents for him for Valentine’s Day. When you have a peanut butter lover in the house how can you not make cookies? I designed these cookies to have melted chocolate written like conversation hearts, and then I thought this is a cute date night idea! I showed him what I was doing and he started making his own. It was really cute, oh yeah these peanut butter cookies are delicious too!
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup peanut butter chips
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 eggs
- 1¼ c flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ salt
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- Stir together both sugar, peanut butter and butter until creamy, beat in eggs.
- Sift remaining dry ingredients together and add to batter.
- Roll into 1 inch ball and place on cookie sheet. Flatten with fork and make criss-cross pattern then cut out heart shape.
- Place cookies in oven at 375 for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Take out and decorate with melted chocolate.
Korey even loved having these so you could make them in smaller batches for the kids! These are so delicious and great with a glass of milk!
What would your conversation heart peanut butter cookie say?