This is my last minute idea to have Chicken Slovakia and Greek Salad. What I would have loved was some kalamata olives, peppers, tomatoes and a pita. That’s what next months shopping is for! Here is my quick recipe for Chicken Slovakia and Greek Salad.
My obsession with this dish started at a local restaurant Village House, which is owned by Greeks and they make some great food! I have been such a picky eater my entire life and I only use to order chicken fingers OR a BLT, yup how boring of me. After tasting this dish for the first time I fell in love and was kicking myself at how much good food I missed out on. They make this a few different ways, plate the chicken over rice and salad on the side with cucumber greek sauce and then they have a version where it’s all stuffed into a pita.
Traditional Greek plates are made with lamb but I’ve tried that and I cannot stand the taste. Let me know if you try this dish!
Chicken Slovakia And Greek Salad
Quick easy Chicken Slovakia And Greek Salad , great for a fast lunch or dinner when you're in a hurry.
Author: Ashleigh W
Recipe type: Main
- 4 TBSP. Greek Yogurt plain
- ½ c. olive oil
- ½ tsp salt and pepper
- ½ tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp. garlic minced
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 lb. skinless chicken breasts
- 1 c. long grain rice
- mixed salad greens
- tomatoes, olives, croutons (optional toppings)
- Mix first 6 ingredients together for dressing set aside ½ of the dressing
- Chop chicken into strips and marinade in greek sauce for 30 minutes or overnight if you have time
- Cook chicken on skillet until no longer pink about 5-8 minutes
- While chicken is cooking prepare rice according to directions
- Plate chicken over rice
- Mix greens into dressing you set aside plate and add toppings (optional)