Buffalo Chicken Salad Recipe
Have you ever wanted to know how to make buffalo chicken salad? It’s more than just chicken, hot sauce, and blue cheese. Try my version which includes yogurt and some delicious surprises.
It may be that I’m from Western New York, or that my father and mother have always had a taste for hot things, but I love love love buffalo chicken. A super hot chicken that you be used many ways, one of my favorites is salad stuffed in a pita.
Keith loves finding different hot sauces to see if I will try them. No, I have not tried Dave’s Insanity Sauce and a ghost pepper will not be touching these lips. But I’m still a sucker for pushing the hot limits too far and then needing a gallon of milk to finish my entree with.
- 2.5 cups cooked chicken breast (appx. 2 breasts)
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 green onion, sliced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Celery and extra blue cheese for serving
- Shred or chop the chicken and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the mayonnaise, yogurt, hot sauce, green onion, garlic powder and black pepper. Whisk until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Add the blue cheese and cilantro and stir gently to combine.
- Taste the sauce and add more of whatever you like. If you want more spice, you can also add some cayenne.
- Add the chicken and stir to combine.
- Taste again and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve as a sandwich, on crackers or over greens as a salad.
- I like to serve mine with celery, extra blue cheese, cilantro and hot sauce on the side!
This dish doesn’t go that far, so don’t worry! I promise you will be able to down this hot chicken salad with ease and it’s a great recipe for the big game. You can use it as a dip with cracker, or toasted bread. The ideas are endless.
Are you a fan of spicy food?