I was provided with material for review. Affiliate links are included and I will earn a small percentage from sales.
Arabian nights, like Arabian days
The animated Aladdin classic is now for sale as part of the Walt Disney Signature Collection. It’s hard to believe I was only 5 years old when this movie first came out, and I feel as if it’s time first time watching it in such spectacular color.
Features include a sing-a-long version of the songs that is sure to get the whole family together for a fun night. Behind the scenes talks with voice actor Scott Weinger (Aladdin) on playing the hero and a recording from live in the studio while making the movie.
This was the first movie that I was introduced to Robin Williams and his comedy. His role as Genie brought a lot of life into an animated character and raw emotions during their fight and when he was set free.
Being able to experience his performance and outtakes brought so much laughter to the kids and us.
Full list of included extras
- Sing Along With The Movie – Sing along to your favorite tunes as you watch the film. With magical on-screen lyrics.
- Aladdin on Aladdin – Join the speaking voice of Aladdin, Scott Weinger (“Fuller House”), as he reflects on almost 30 years of being Aladdin.
- “Let’s Not Be Too Hasty”: The Voices of “Aladdin” – Take your seat in the recording booth and watch as the voice actors of “Aladdin” work their microphone magic.
- Alternate Endings – Enter the realm of “what if” and see just how differently the movie could have ended.
- Drawing Genie – Join prolific animator Eric Goldberg as he draws and reminisces about the Genie.
CLASSIC BONUS – Revisit over 40 exciting bonus features from previous releases including:
- The Genie Outtakes
- “Aladdin”: Creating Broadway Magic
- Unboxing “Aladdin”