Adorable Grinch’s Santa Belly Christmas Cookies
Affiliate links included I earn a small percentage if you make a purchase
How The Grinch Stole Christmas is one of my favorite books, and cartoons ever. We used to sing the song in chorus every year, and Korey is afraid but also likes The Grinch. I know it may be a bit to early for some people to think about Christmas, yes I know Thanksgiving is in-between but my kids are so excited about getting a picture with Santa.
If you are looking for a cute snack to give the kids when you watch this (it’s available on the ABC Family 25 Days of Christmas!) then this is the Christmas cookie you are looking for.
- Cookie Ingredients:
- 1½ C butter, room temp
- 2 C white sugar
- 4 egg, room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 5 C flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Cookie Cutter:
- Round cookie cutter
- Icing Ingredients:
- 2 egg whites
- 1 C powder sugar
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- Red, black, yellow & green gel food coloring
- -Cream butter and sugar together until smooth.
- -Add in the eggs and vanilla, beating them as you add them in.
- -Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir to blend the ingredients together.
- -Form the dough into a large ball, cover then put in the refrigerator for an hour.
- -Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- -Spread some flour on a cutting board and on the rolling pin. (If needed)
- -Roll out dough. Using a the cookie cutter cut out the cookies.
- -Put the cookies 2 inches apart on the cookie sheets.
- -Bake at 400 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes or until they turn slightly brown.
- -Cool slightly while still on the cookie sheet.
- -Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Icing Directions:
- -Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl mixing on medium speed for 4 minutes. (except your food coloring)
- -If icing is not stiff enough add ¼ C powder sugar.
- -Take out 4 TBSP of icing and add several drops of black gel food coloring. Mix to blend the color.
- -Take another 4 TBSP of icing adding green gel food coloring. Mix well.
- -Remove 4 TBSP of icing in a bowl, keeping it white.
- -Take out 2 TBSP of icing adding several drops of golden yellow gel food coloring. Mix well.
- -Put the remaining icing into a bowl. Color this icing red.
- -Spoon each of the bowls of icing into individual (4) piping bags, each with a #2 tip. Keep the red icing in the bowl.
- -Twist the open end of the bag to push the icing to the tip.
- Grinch's Santa Belly
- -Follow the outline off of the picture of the cookies provided.
- -Outline the entire cookie in black including the belt and the green area (Grinch's belly) . Allow the outlining to dry for 30 seconds before filling in the cookies in with the thinner red icing. Don not fill in the black belt and green belly with the red icing. (* Thin out the red icing by adding 1-3 TBSP of water to the icing. You will want the icing to be thick and runny not the appearance of soup. If the icing has the soup look add a very small amount of powdered sugar to thicken it.) Allow the filling also to dry for about 30 seconds before adding any more to the cookie.
- - Following the outline for the black belt, fill the belt in with the black icing. After this has dried outline and build (fill in) the belt buckle in the golden yellow.
- -Begin to work on the green belly..Outline in the green then fill it with the green icing . In the center of the green belly, as shown in the picture, make a thick dot out of the green icing. Allow to dry.
- -To make the fur above the green belly begin by making 6 circle outlines then fill each of them in with more of the white icing.
- -Allow to dry for 5-10 hours.
What Grinch will it be that will steal all the cookies?
Are these not just the cutest cookies you have seen?
What is your favorite movie to watch for Christmas?